This dish completed my home made Thai dinner last night. Really not sure what Thai eats for their vegetable. Everytime I was in Thailand, I had stir fry mix vegetable and I don’t think that’s particularly a Thai dish. Green mango salad is always everybody’s favourite but me, I really don’t fancy sour stuffs that much.
After watching Willem making his Thai papaya beef salad, I thought he might also like this healthy version of Thai salad. There is no cooking involved in this dish, it’s all about chopping chopping, roasting a little peanuts and mixing them all together with some dressing.
Ingredients (for 2):
- 1 green mango, skin removed, cut the meat into thin slices and julliene the mango. If you are really lazy to julliene your mango, try googling and they might be a tip or two about how to do it the quick way. I love julliene-ing using my knife the proper way
- 1 small carrot (or half the big one) – skin removed, julliene (you should have equal amount of carrots and mango, or more mango if you like)
- 1 shallot – slice thinly
- 2 tablespoon of roughly crushed roasted peanuts
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2-3 garlic – finely chopped
- 2-3 chili padi – finely chopped (3 might be a little too hot for some people, reduce if you don’t want it too spicy)
- half tablespoon of palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
Put the julliene of carrots and mango, shallots, crushed peanuts and chopped coriander leaves in the serving plate. For the dressing, mix all ingredient in blue and stir to melt the palm sugar. Pour the dressing over your salad and give it a good toss. Enjoy the sour, spicy, fresh Thai mango salad!