Shiitake mushrooms, if you like the taste, is the ultimate comfort stuffs when added to a dish. You should be able to grab hold of this mushrooms in most of the supermarkets. They come dry in package of 20-30.
This dish is our ultimate comfort food, easy to make, totally enjoyable. You can replace pork with chicken (breast or thigh) if you don’t eat/like pork.
Ingredients (for 2-4):
- 150 -200 gram of lean pork/chicken breast – slice about 2mm thickness
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 5 shiitake mushrooms – soaked in a bowl of warm water to soften, remove stem and cut each piece to three (keep the soaking water for use later). You might find cutting the mushrooms with scissors is easier than using the knife
- 2 eggs (optional) – scramble fried and set aside
Heat up the pot with the cooking oil, add in garlic and stir fry for 15 seconds. Add the mushrooms and continue to stir fry for another 20 seconds. Add the pork/chicken into the pot and mix well.
When the chicken/pork is half cooked, add the bowl of mushroom soaking water into the pot. Add another bowl of water if need to, it should cover all meat/mushrooms in the pot. Let it boil in medium heat for 5 minutes (until the meat and mushroom are cooked thoroughly) and add in the pre-fried scramble eggs if you op to have them.
When it’s ready, serve with rice.