Finally.. the satay recipe. This will be only for the satay marinade and next post will be the peanut sauce.
- Chicken fillet – 1/2 kg (you can also use pork or beef or mutton), cut into small pieces.
- Satay sticks – Soaked in water for atleast half an hour before use. This is to prevent it from being burned while on the grill.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed – grind
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed – grind
- 2 tablespoon tumeric powder
- 3 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper – grind
- 1 teaspoon black pepper – grind
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 small pack of coconut milk – I used about 100ml of coconut milk
- 2 lemon grass
- 2 shallots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 lime leafs finely chopped
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1/2 lime – juice
- 2 dry chili – soaked and cut
- 1/2 red chili – chopped
- 2.5cm ginger (or more if you like it) – chopped
- 2.5cm galangal (replaced the amount with ginger if you cannot find galangal) – chopped
Mix all the above ingredient in a pot, add in the cut chicken fillet… massage it a bit and leave it in the fridge for 10 hours.
Remember to soak the satay sticks before use, then you can start putting the meat on the sticks.